7/17/12

Meet the camper: Autumn Short

By Gunnar Hein/Advanced Writing

With a quirky love of cats, Autumn Short could easily be the subject of one of the features she will edit this year.

Short hails from McPherson High School where she will be a senior and resides as a proud owner of a grey Persian cat named Lola. (More on Lola later.) Going into her third year on “The High Life” newspaper staff, Short will be the My High Life (MHL) and feature editor. The MHL page is reserved for upcoming events and breaking news about the school while the feature page is used to cover people.

“It is my last year of being on the newspaper staff,” Short said. “I am looking forward to making this year count.”

Short is attending the Flint Hills Publications Workshop to improve “The High Life.” She is enrolled in the Advanced Redesign Newspaper class.

“I chose to come to camp because I wanted to expand my knowledge of newspaper design,” Short said.

Short may love newspaper but she has what some would call an obsession for cats. While being at camp has pulled her away from Lola, she stays connected through pictures of the fluffy kitty featured on her cell phone. She adores cats so much, she is willing to have one with her permanently.

“I really, really love cats,” Short said. “I also want a tattoo of one behind my ear, even though my parents think it’s a stupid idea.”

No comments:

Post a Comment