7/17/12

Meet the camper: Kyler Jost

By Gallagher Martin-Chavez/Advanced Writing


Inexperience has yet to slow down McPherson High School  junior Kyler Jost.

Jost will start a new adventure this year by joining the school yearbook, “The Bullpup.” Despite it being his rookie year, he’s taken on additional responsibilities as business manager. To prepare, he enrolled in the “Yearbook Design” class at Flint Hills Publications Workshop but quickly stepped up to join a camp publication staff.

“I want to improve my creativity for yearbook design, so I can be the best possible,” Jost said.

Jost admits his inexperience might hurt him, so he was thrilled when he got the chance to come to K-State and improve on his talents.

“I’m here to learn more about my job for yearbook so come school year I’ll be more prepared,” Jost said. “I need to get better at working under pressure and toward a deadline.”

Being inexperienced isn’t stopping Jost, who only took one semester of Beginning Journalism and is now attempting to play a major role in the success of “The Bullpup” as staff writer and business manager.

“I’m pretty sure if I listen to the people who have been here longer than I have I should be fine,” Jost said of being the newest member of “The Bullpup.”

Jost has already taken a big step into a much larger world, as he was one of only six students working on the Flint Hills publication, the “Kedzie Krier.” Originally, he was one of just three students who signed up to work on the camp yearbook, the “Wildcat,” which had its staff combined with the “Krier.”

“It’s pretty sad that only three people signed up and I was one of them,” Jost said. “I was hoping for a bigger turnout.”

No comments:

Post a Comment