7/17/12

Meet the camper: Delaney La Fon

By Madeline Maloney/Advanced Writing


Going into her second year on staff and first year as a managing editor, Delaney La Fon is ready to start the year.

This junior will be managing editor of Blue Valley Northwest High School student newspaper, the “Express.” She will assist the head editor in making final decisions for the paper and editing the writers’ work. La Fon aspires to be editor-in-chief her senior year.

“I chose to come to this camp, so I could expand my designing skills to make my school newspaper look the best that it can be so we can attract more readers,” La Fon said.

La Fon chose to take the Newspaper Redesign track at the Flint Hills Publications Workshop because she is ready to make a change on her school newspaper to make it look more modern and intriguing to readers.

“I chose this track because I feel like our newspaper is starting to look outdated,” La Fon said.  “I’m definitely ready to bring some new ideas to the table, and I thought that this track could help me do so.”

So far, La Fon said she enjoys the workshop and hopes to expand on her graphic design skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment